22 May Essential Ingredients for Healthy Cat Diets
Cats make the most adorable pets ever. Their curious, playful and independent nature makes them ideal companions for almost any one. Cats are basically carnivorous animals that require considerable amounts of proteins for their healthy development. And nowadays you can find number of healthy cat diets in market. These foods have been developed keeping in mind all the nutritional requirements of cats.
Note that if your cat is acting lethargic or inactive, there may be something seriously wrong with its diet. Do not just pick any random cat food from the market, consult your vet and formulate a strategy that can help you select healthy cat diets. Your pet cat may even be going on hunting expeditions to fulfil its diet requirements. However, to avoid unusual debates from arising about your cat’s predatory instincts from your neighbours, you need to try to keep your pet on healthy cat diets.
Most household cats tend to become fat over time. If this is the case with your cat, which you should seriously think about changing its cat food brand. While feeding your cat, you should consider the level of activity and energy your cat exhibits. And do not over feed a cat, as a healthy cat diets should consist of a combination of proteins, vitamins, and other essential nutrients.
Important Tips to Remember for a Healthy Cat Pregnancy
There are different types of diets for cats. However, regardless of the one you choose to use, note these points:
– Do not feed your cat raw meat, eggs or other poultry products.
– Veterinarians generally suggest that cat food should be rich in water and proteins, and because of this, canned meat can be considered to be the best food for your cat.
– You can also feed dry foods that rich in carbohydrates.
– As cats are used to drinking less water, while feeding your cat, you should be very careful about the water content of its meal.
– Continuous consumption of dry food can lead to several metabolic and gastro intestinal problems in your cat, so incorporate at least some canned food into the diet.
– Many canned foods contain a small percentage of vegetables to make up for roughage or fiber in a cat’s diet.
– Another type of additive in your cat’s feed is “cat grass”.
Make sure you schedule regular feeding times for your cats. Plus if you are used to feeding dry food to your cats, then try giving them out as tidbits or snacks, but not as meals. Sometimes offering pieces of fresh food can also be included in healthy cats diets.
Apart from regular diet food, you can also add sardines or fish oil in you cats’ food. The sardines add Omega-3, and fish oil is a good source of vitamin E.
Along with following healthy cat diets, regular visits to the vet and frequent grooming sessions are also necessary to keep your cat healthy and happy. Here’s to your cat’s health!